It is important to know the place you are going to for you to properly explore the place and avoid and prevent unnecessary situations that may cause hassle on your precious time for vacation or travel. From the money matters, to the transportation information, food experiencing and the cost, Paris apartment rentals ,and the museum sightseeing, you really have to plan and know your itinerary. This article will help you to finalize your itinerary when going to Paris as this will cover the information upon arrival in Paris, Getting around the City, Sightseeing in Paris, Culture in establishments, and French people attitude.
1. Arriving in Paris, you should have a French currency or you should have a Euro currency. As you know, the previous currency of France is in francs but since the European Union was established, the currency is now in Euro. This goes the same for the neighboring countries of France, you may also see in price tags in Paris or in whole France in that matter that the prices are still in francs – just ask for help and the shop attendant will assist you accordingly.
2. You should also learn basic French language that will equip you because communicating on a foreign country is very important but since English is the universal language, most of the people in Paris can speak the English language. But for your primary French language needs, you have to address females with Madam and Monsieur for males.
3. Also, approaching Madam and or Monsieur, you have to be courteous and greet them Bonjour for Good Day and Bonsoir for Good Evening; that way it will be more courteous and you could get the proper response from people you are communicating because they will think that you are respecting them by learning a little French and that is an effort from your end.
4. Remember also when riding a taxi in Paris to bring or have cash in your wallet always, as credit cards are rarely accepted and also take note that Tariffs are higher on Sundays and after 7pm.
5. Now for the Sightseeing, you can get the Paris Museum pass for one person that costs around $46 for two days which can be used for around sixty attractions in Paris, France. The great thing about it is it will let you cut a few queues and you know what that means? It could save you time for more attractions to be seen. This does not imply that you should rush your vacation but as you know, every second counts because the time is tight and you want to follow the itinerary as much as possible.
6. Cultures in cafes may be different because coffee are meant to be consumed on premise and take out are not usually done so when ordering, expect this kind of situation.
When tipping in Paris, there is no obligation to tip beyond the inclusive 10% VAT and a percentage charge for service. But you can always show your gratitude if you are very satisfied with the service and food served.